Monday, May 8, 2017

Controlling What I Can Control


Tuesday May 2nd, the day my hair started falling out.  I had been nervous about losing my hair, worried that I'll have a ridiculous shaped head or being bald will only make my ears look even bigger. When it started falling out in the shower, I started to cry.  When I got out and lost more, I woke up Hitch and cried some more.  When I got to school, I went into my friends office and cried some more. I didn't expect to cry so much, but it turns out when your look is about to change so dramatically and you have no control over it, that can be hard to take.
So, after all the tears were dried I decide to control what I could control and cut it short.  It's not that my hair was particularly long for many people, but for me it was the longest it had been in 20 years. Cutting it off was liberating and made me feel amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment