Tuesday, May 2, 2017

The Day I Got the News

March 22, 2017 the day my life was divided in two parts.
That was the day I found out I had cancer. I was in the parking lot at the bank and returned a message from the doctors office.  I hoped it was good news, but a part of me knew what the news would be. I think maybe some part of me had always known..Still, I wasn't prepared for the words "the test results show positive for breast cancer".  I remember the lady on the other end of the line telling me to take deep breaths and  I remember how kind she was, she has to give people terrible news all day and yet she did it with such kindness.  And then I cried.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story. I am sorry you are having to go through this.

    ReplyDelete